Welcome to this year’s Lambeth Readers and Writers Festival – Week Two (7-13 May)
Whether you enjoy reading, writing, discussion or simply sitting back and listening, there’s something for you happening in this year’s Lambeth Readers and Writers Festival. Fiction and history, prose and poetry, local writers and international literary superstars – be part of the story in Lambeth libraries.
Interim Chief Executive of Lambeth Council Andrew Travers says: “Since the first Lambeth Readers and Writers Festival 15 years ago it has become a regular highlight and goes from strength to strength. This year’s highlights include award-winning adult and children’s authors, creative writing classes, poetry to listen to, engage with and perform yourself, historical talks, music with a literary leaning and more. Come and join us and express yourself!”
What’s on 7 May to 13 May
· 9 May Albania to Zanzibar: the Oval Cookbook collects recipes by people from 31 countries who live or work in Oval. Hear some of their their stories. Tate South Lambeth Library 7pm
· 12 May Clapham Book Festival. Margaret Drabble and Deborah Moggach headline, but the day includes includes poetry, crimewriting, history, children’s writing and advice on getting your work published. Omnibus Art Centre £15 or £10 (concessions £12 or £8)
· 12 May Polish Women in History, with a panel including a historian, a novelist, a researcher and literary translators to talk about women’s writing about history. Clapham Library 2pm to 5pm.
· All month (1 -31 May) Living Library Exhibition Clapham Library/Clapham Omnibus
For more information
· For full details about this week’s events and what’s on later in the month, pick up a copy of the guide (as shown right) from your local library, or visit Library Services’ information page about the festival and download it.
· Email readers and writers festival
· Follow the readers and writers festival on Facebook or twitter
· For details of Clapham Book Festival see their information pages. To book tickets contact Omnibus Clapham online or box office 020 7498 4699. Written by: Lambeth Libraries. (Source: Lambeth council’s Love Lambeth website)